06 May Gateway 500 – May 25, 2015
Open wheel has the Indy 500, NASCAR has the Coca Cola 600 and now endurance karting has the inaugural Gateway 500!
Nothing like winding down your Memorial day weekend with 500 laps of wheel to wheel endurance karting action at the all new Gateway Kartplex! Put a team of up to five drivers together or attempt to IRONMAN it, your choice. We supply everything…karts, safety gear and race organization, you and your team simply ‘arrive & drive’.
- Date & time: Monday, May 25th, 9:30am registration, 10am Mandatory drivers meeting, 11am Green Flag, Checkered at approx. 4:45pm, podium celebration will be 15 minutes after checkered flag.
- Race duration: 500 laps
- Entry Fee: $750 per team
- Minimum of 10 entries to stage event, maximum entries: 18
- Drivers: 1-5 per team
- Karts: Sodi GT5, supplied by Gateway Kartplex
- Entry Deadline: Wednesday, May 20th 5pm
- Qualifying: Wednesday, May 20th 5:30 pm (just before iDrive), one ten minute timed session
- Awards: 1st-$1000, 2nd-$500, 3rd-$250, every driver receives an event t-shirt, winning team gets an invite to the Gateway Kartplex Banquet of Champions, premium trophies for the top three. Permanent wall plaque in the SpeedCenter with team photo for winners.
- Rolling start behind a pace kart
- Gateway Kartplex will make a $500 donation to VFW post 1300 in Granite City, and a $1000 donation if we hit 18 entries.
- $375 deposit due with entry, balance due prior to qualifying. If we do not receive the 10 entries, all money is refunded.
- Spectating will be allowed along the back straight. Teams, friends and families are encouraged to bring their EZ ups, grills and coolers. There is no charge for spectators.
This is going to be huge…and you may need a few more vacation days after the race.